Prior to 1907 The Greenwich / Longueville area was part of the Parish of St. Thomas’ North Sydney then the Parish of St. Stephen’s Willoughby. In 1907 the Parish of Greenwich (St Giles, Lane Cove) of which Longueville was a part, was formed. From 4th July 1909 regular Anglican services were held at Miss Oaks school, 6 Poole St, Longueville and after that in St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church in Kenneth St. Longueville.
On November 19th the foundation stone was laid for the Anglican Church of St. Aidan’s in the Parish of Greenwich. We take this date as our origin. The centenary of St. Aidan’s was celebrated in November 2010 and for those celebrations, the history researched and a gallery of slides produce to mark the event. They are reproduced here.